CELEBRITY GOSSIP

The who, what, where, when, and how of Hollywood's biggest and brightest!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

TomKat Expecting a Kitten?!?


As much as I hate to talk about this topic, it's hard to avoid....Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, not only soon to be married, but soon to be parents! On October 5, the couple nicknamed "TomKat" announced that "a kitten is on the way!"( I know that sounded so cheezy!!!) It is almost as if they had no choice but to announce the news because Katie is already beginning to show that "wow she's-definitely-pregnant-tummy." Although the couple have not disclosed a due date, it is obviously clear that she is far enough along to be significantly showing. Interestingly enough, when People Magazine asked Holmes in June if they were planning to have children, she smiled and replied "yes" (she was probably already pregnant then!!!). Tom is no newbie to fatherhood with two children already, Isabella and Conner (10 years old), whom Cruise adopted as infants with ex-wife Nicole Kidman (FYI: The daughter of a lady that my mom works with is Nicole Kidman's personal babysitter for the children when they are staying with her!!! Craziness!!!). Now I don't know about everyone else, but I am seriously curious what Chris Kline, Katie's ex, has to say about all of this?!? The couple dated for FIVE years and broke off their engagement last March. Ms. Holmes obviously moved on very quickly meeting Cruise in April and getting engaged barely two months later!!! According to People Magazine, Kline has no hard feelings for his former fiance. "We grew up," says the 26 year old actor. "The fantasy was over and reality set in. We weren't lighting each other's fires anymore." Kline is currently single and told People Magazine that Holmes and him no longer speak. When asked what he thought about Cruise's gymnastic declarations of love for Holmes, Kline commented, "That's Tom. He can do whatever the f--- he wants...I mean, we've all felt the need to jump up and down on a couch. Or not!"

Hear NO more!?! On May 23, rapper Foxy Brown awoke to complete silence. Now, some of you have probably forgotten what it is like wake up and hear no noise at all, but to Brown, there was something eerie about the quiet television that she remembered had been blaring when she fell asleep. She never recalled turning off the television or even muting it, however, no sound seemed to be coming from it. "I pressed the volume up to 60. Nothing," says Brown in the latest People Magazine. "I ran outside to my truck and honked the horn. Nothing. I ran back inside and dialed a number on the phone. Nothing. Then I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream. That's when I knew there was a problem" (Page 85, People Magazine Oct. 24th issue). Apparently, Brown is suffering from what is known as severe sudden sensorineural hearing loss which is a little understood condition that affects one in 10,000 people without warning. According to her doctor "her case is severe. In only 1 or 2 percent of the cases both ears are affected." Brown has admittedly been in denial for the last four months but is recently speaking out about her condition and coming to terms with the devastating reality of it. If you check out the latest Oct. 24th issue of People Magazine you can read more about Brown's story and how she is coping with the loss of hearing.


The Simple Life has gotten a little complicated! Apparently last Wednesday, Fox announced that they had no room for Paris Hilton's reality series on its network and canceled The Simple Life. However, this past Monday, the heiress everyone loves to hate, Paris Hilton, announced that the show is still set to start filming its fourth season next month. Hilton reportedly told an Associated Press reporter that "we're shooting November 1." And she goes on to add "All the networks are fighting over it" (Personally, when I heard this I thought the girl had to be on crack!!!). Sources close to the production confirmed that production is to begin shortly and that both Hilton and her sidekick, Nicole Richie, are under contract. Apparently, or rather shockingly, Hilton was right, the show is being fought over by networks including the WB, NBC, MTV and even VH1. All of the hype over the cancellation of the show was due to an Us Weekly report last week saying that the series was canceled in part because of the feud between Hilton and Richie. All I can say is that Hilton gets way too much attention in the media and Nicole needs to bulk up!

12 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great blog you have here... what a great place to share information. Hope you don't mind I paid you a visit. I also have a site about Rash Guards because I like to surf.

    bye bye - thanks for having this blog!

     
  • At Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:13:00 PM, Blogger merr said…

    It's nice to see that Katie Holmes's old boyfriend isn't taking the news too harshly. I hope Katie and Tom didn't rush into anything, especially when there is a child involved. I'm sure they feel they are really in love but I hope it is genuine. It might be difficult for them to be good parents since they barely know each other. I've been dating my fiance for 4 years and he still surprises me! I'm shocked to hear about Foxy Brown, I had no idea she was suffering from such a terrible condition. I didn't even know there was a such condition. That must be so terrible to be a singer and become deaf. I like Paris Hilton and I like to watch the Simple Life but I also think its too scripted. Some of the things they do on that show are so ridiculous that no one in their right might would be rude enough to actually do. But obviously, they have good enough reviews to keep the seasons flowing.

     
  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I'm like you. I am sooooo sick of hearing about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise. I feel like the only reason they got pregnant because they were not in the spotlight as much any more and now they are back in it. They need to get a life! (A PERSONAL one would be great!) I'm glad Chris Kline has moved on from Katie. And I'm sure he's sick of being asked about his feelings of the TomKat situation. I'm sure he still has some feelings for Katie but I hope we will be reading in the near future that he is seeing someone great of his own. He seems like such a sweet guy.

     
  • At Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:51:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I am still in shock that Tom and Kate AKA "TomKat" are having a baby. It must be hard being Chris Klein, for years it seemed that Kate and Chris were totally in-love and I definately thought they would get married. Then when Chris got arrested for I think a DUI it seemed to go all down hill for the couple. I am happy to hear that Chris isn't that upset about the whole thing. I know I would personally be crushed to see my ex now pregnant with one of the most famous actors of all time. Anyway, I hope the paparazzi stop with all this Katie and Tom talk, quite frankly I am getting sick of it...it's either Katie and Tom or Nick and Jessica. I feel bad for all of them, I am sure they just want to be left alone. Oh well, I guess thats what you get for being a celebrity.

     
  • At Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:41:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I still can't believe that Katie Holmes is already pregnant! I mean it seems like she and Tom Cruise have been together for such a short time. And I thought that the engagement was fast! It often makes me wonder if they are engaged because she is pregnant. Wasn’t she a very devout Catholic before she met him? I also can’t believe that the rapper Foxy Brown lost her hearing. I have honestly never heard of her before, but this is such a sad thing to happen to anyone. Do you know if there is any way that she can continue to work as a rapper, or will she have to stop doing what she obviously loves? I have never heard of that syndrome, but it sounds awful. I must admit that the Simple Life is a guilty pleasure to watch because the two of them are so hysterical together. I wonder what the dynamic of the show will be like now since they obviously don’t like each other and only one of them is still planning a wedding?

     
  • At Monday, October 24, 2005 4:25:00 PM, Blogger Lisa C said…

    I’m embarrassed to admit that I watched the first season episodes of The Simple Life with my mom! One night I was bored at home and put the show on. I asked my mom to “spend quality time with me and just chill out with me.” We both found ourselves laughing hysterically at Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie. They push the boundaries every day of their lives. They are spunky, young and fun. Although, they are handed everything on a silver platter, they still have personalities. And given the situation they are put in on the reality show (in barns) it makes for good entertainment. Yes, Paris is the person everyone loves to hate and I feel bad for her in that sense, but I’m sure she’ll get over it.

    How long have Paris and Nicki been fighting? I feel like its been in the news for so long and I don’t understand it because they used to be BEST friends. Maybe Paris is jealous because Nicole has been getting more spotlight since she lost weight. Who knows? I personally think Nicole is too thin and unhealthy and it may be do to a little thing called “crack.” Maybe Paris is trying to help Nicole with her addiction, but Nicole is just pushing her away. If you find out let me know!

     
  • At Monday, October 24, 2005 8:27:00 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    I was in shock when I found out that Tom and Katie or should I say "Tomcat" were expecting. I mean they have not even been married that long, but I guess they are happily married and want to add a new edition to the family. They both seem to be so happy about it so you just have to be happy for them. In addition, Chris Kline is not too happy about the news. I can not believe after almost being married, Katie and Chris do not speak anymore. I do not blame him though, because Katie sure did get over her break up with Chris real fast. That must have been really hard for him but she seems to not be too upset about it.

    Another thing I want to comment on is about Foxy Brown. I just read about it in People Magazine and can not believe what I was reading. She went to bed the night before and everything was fine and then in the morning she became loss of hearing. It is such a shame to hear this news and must be so hard for Foxy. I guess you just don’t know what life will bring to you or what will happen. Imagine being able to do something for your whole life and then one day that being taken away from you.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:29:00 PM, Blogger JoAnn said…

    I agree with everyone else- when I say Tom and Katie are making me sick. In recent pictures I saw of her- she looks VERY pregnant- probably a few months along already- which makes me wonder if she was pregnant before they were even engaged- which isn't too uncommon for Hollywood couples these days - like Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. I find it odd though that she dated Chris Klein for five years and Tom for only a few months and is now engaged and pregnant. I wonder what her parents have to say about this relationship and if they are happy with her being pregnant. I think its going to be awkward for his 2 adopted children that their new "step-mom" is only 10 years older than they are. That would bother me.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Shayna said…

    Ok, when I read that news about Foxy Brown I was SHOCKED and actually kind of upset. I was stunned that there was something like this effecting people and I think that 1 in 10,000 isn’t actually that large of a number. Also I was surprised that it just so happened that someone famous not only had this hearing loss happen to them but had one of the worst cases of it since it affected both ears. I can’t believe that you could just wake up one morning and have absolutely no hearing out of nowhere, with no warning and no chance to hear your favorite sounds or family’s voices again.

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Tara Raphael said…

    I think Tom and Katie are absolutely ridiculous. I was shocked by their dating, their engagement and now a baby! Chris Klein doesn't seem to be too bothered by it though! I can't beliee also about Foxy Brown- her story in People Magazine was insane. I can't even imagine something like that happening. I feel really badly for Jessica and Nick. To have to defend your marriage every day of the week is just not right. Seeing magazines that say your marriage is a fraud or that you're about to split must be really painful- I hope they are together for a really long time!

     
  • At Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:27:00 AM, Anonymous weight loss before and after said…

    I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding weight loss doctor and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Rachel Curran your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on weight loss doctor was way off when compared to TomKat Expecting a Kitten?!? and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for weight loss doctor for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
    P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
    P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at weight loss doctor. You never know you may find some good deals!

     
  • At Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:41:00 AM, Anonymous prescription weight loss pill said…

    Hey this blog is not about weight loss picture. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on weight loss picture and it brought me to your blog on TomKat Expecting a Kitten?!?. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Rachel Curran and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
    If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home