CELEBRITY GOSSIP

The who, what, where, when, and how of Hollywood's biggest and brightest!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

BrEaKiNg Up-Is HaRd To Do?!?



First Barbie and Ken then Brad and Jen?!? What is going on! It seems these days that no marriages, especially the closely watched celebrity ones, last. Here is just a taste of some of the recent splits:

Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn DiScala and her manager-husband, A.J., though they have not officially split up, are reportedly "a little shaky." According to People Magazine, the two who are usually connected at the hip have been seen showing up to events solo. Jamie-Lynn reportedly showed up to a New York runway show without her husband and without her wedding ring!

Ex-90210 star Tori Spelling and her husband, Charlie Shanian, have recently called it quits after only 14 months of marriage. According to People Magazine, Spelling has always had an enormous amount of respect for Shanian, cares for him so much and also depends on him for advice. However, marriage was not suited for the two of them and they are better off just being close friends. Interestingly enough, it seems Spelling had developed feelings for her Mind Over Murder co-star Dean McDermott who was also involved with a marriage that was "not working."She denies the claims and insists her feelings for McDermott had nothing to do with the break-up (yeah....sure!), saying the marriage had been going downhill for quite some time. Spelling also reportedly said "she loves him, but she's not in love with him." (Original...very original....haha)

It's goodbye marriage and hello annulment for Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney after four, let me repeat FOUR months of marriage. Almost as quickly as they were able to tie the knot, just like "that" Renee has filed for an annulment citing "fraud" as its grounds (whatever that means!). Kenny, however, really had no idea that this was coming. He knew everything was not as good as it could be but he was definitely not expecting Renee to drop such a bomb. With Renee's acting career and Kenny's music career, was it inevitable? Sources say, however, that Renee supported his career and was present on tour with him 40-50% of the time. According to People Magazine, the two said in a statement that "Renee and Kenny....are saddened that their different objectives prevent the success of this marriage." Personally, I think they are just another couple guilty of the term "fools rush in" and I would just like end with another original, never before heard quote from Mr. Kenny Chesney himself: "I was in love with being in love....."

Just for your personal enjoyment I thought I would refresh everyone's memory of other celeb couples who didn't make it past the 4 month marker:

-Brittany Spears and Jason Alexander(no not the guy from Seinfeld!), 2004 = 54 hours
(I swear I blinked my eyes and they were already annulled!)

-Nicky Hilton and Todd Meister, 2004 = 2 months

-Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley, 2002 = 3.5 months

-Janet Jackson and James Debarge, 1984 = 4 months

-Colin Farrell and Amelia Warner (whoever that is!), 2001 = 4 months


ON A LIGHTER NOTE.....

Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow are engaged! "He rowed me out into the middle of the lake in the mountains and asked me to get married, " Crow tells Scoop. All the details are still up in the air and I personally am wondering if he is going to ride his bike down the aisle with her sitting on his lap playing her guitar!

Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards are trying to patch things up after Denise filed for divorce in March. The two have been reportedly spending a lot more time together and Sheen went on Letterman and explained "I was an ass!" Richards is once again wearing her wedding ring and it seems like they are on the right track to reconciling their marital problems.

Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell are engaged and already taking about children?!? According to O'Connell, "Next up is kids!" No alter date has been set but the two are reportedly just "smittin" and crazy about each other.
....Uncle Jesse has yet to comment on the recent news!

Have we been punk'd by Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher?!?! According to People Magazine as reported on the Access Hollywood website, the two tied the knot on Saturday night in Los Angelos. About 100 of the couples' friends, including Moore's second husband, Bruce Willis, attended the ceremony. Moore, 42, and Kutcher, 27, began dating 2 years ago when they met at a New York City dinner in 2003. This is Moore's third marriage and Kutcher's first. I am not really sure how I feel about this one.....but on the topic of older woman marrying younger man, I must say to Demi: "you go girl!"

9 Comments:

  • At Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Ok, so what the heck does "fraud" mean? Was the marriage of Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney not real? I am confused. They should just say that they rushed into marriage, never spent any time together, and therefore it just didnt work out. I don;t know why Hollywood couples can't make it last. Seriously, is it that hard to stay married to someone???? It seems the more publicized the relationship the greater the chance for a disaster to occur. Look as Brad and Jen. Even America's sweethearts can;t survive. If they can't stick it out what does that say for everyone else? Thankfully there are some happier stories, like Ashton and Demi, of all people those two seem to be the most grounded. Maybe it is all that Kabalah, wno knows. Anyway thanks for all the juicy gossip, cant wait to hear what happens next week.

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Kara said…

    I think that Hollywood is officially the city with the highest divorce rate! I cannot believe Jamie-Lynn DiScala and her husband are split already. I just watched their wedding on celebrity weddings! I loved Renee and Kenny together too; I can’t believe they didn’t even make the six month mark. And because of “fraud”?! Are you kidding me? I love love love Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong together. What a romantic way to propose, I mean it wasn’t the Eiffel Tower or anything but we can’t all be TomKat’s. I really hope their fate doesn’t end up like the rest of Hollywood. Props to Denise Richards for taking Charlie Sheen back. I can’t say I would be so forgiving. I’m happy for Demi and Ashton, but skeptical at the same time. I’m not sure how long this will last either, but I do love how she and ex-husband Bruce Willis are still so close. I’m pretty sure they even have houses across the street from each other so it’s easy for them to both spend a lot of time with their kids. Can’t wait for more gossip next week!

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 3:00:00 PM, Blogger JoAnn said…

    I can not believe that Jamie Lynn and AJ DiScala are not together anymore! I know its not official yet- but I've seen her in the magazines walking around without her wedding ring on! They were one of the few couples that I actually thought would make it! And considering they are such good friends with Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey- it makes you also wonder how their relationship is doing after all the tabloids reported they were headed towards a divorce as well. I wonder what the secret to having a good, healthy Hollywood relationship these days is since it seems everyone who gets married, also gets divorced.

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:51:00 PM, Blogger merr said…

    It has been a little crazy lately with so many people calling it quits. Tori Spelling's breakup is funny to me because she just recently hosted a wedding show, something like top 10 brides or weddings. It's shocking that so many people in Hollywood break up so quickly. I don't know if they're just not taking marriage seriously or letting go too quickly. I didn't even know Renee Zelweger and Kenny Chesney were dating and all of a sudden they were hitched! I was absolutely shocked to hear that Demi & Ashton got married without any media getting in the way. Congrats on keeping it quiet! They've been a great couple because they took their time dating and seem to really have a handle on their relationship, especially because there's kids involved. I didn't know about Lance & Sheryl's engagement, that's really exciting too because they've also been a great couple. It was only a matter of time for those two. Once again thanks for the great news!

     
  • At Monday, October 03, 2005 1:41:00 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I'm so glad that Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen are trying to patch things up. I think they are awesome as a couple and I didn't think it was the best thing for them to get a divorce while she was pregnant with his second child. I wonder if pregnancy hormones had anything to do with the breakup. According to everything I read, it wasn't quite clear to while they broke up. Was it his gambling problems or was he unfaithful? I guess we may never know the true reason but I am really glad they are trying to work things out!

     
  • At Monday, October 03, 2005 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Tara Raphael said…

    I was just watching on E! Tori Spelling hosting the "40st best weddings" and thinking isn't it kind of ironic the fact that her marriage has now come to an abrupt halt. These couples seem to be a little out of control... okay a lot our of control! Isn't it weird how Renee and Kenny seemed to completely rush into it and everyone's happy for them, but then Ashton and Demi date for 2 years and everyone still makes jokes of their age difference. I'm happy they're working out although I do think it's a little werid how friendly Bruce Willis is with all of them. I saw Lance and Sheryl on the View last week and they look really happy too, so good for them, but all these people need to stop getting hitched so quickly and possibly get to know each other first... what a revelation!

     
  • At Monday, October 03, 2005 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Shayna said…

    Glad that even though I don't have time to read my People all the time I've got probably got most of it in your latest post!! I really hope that Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen work everything out. I really like them together. But all the media stuff has been so vague about why they split in the first place and given his last history I am really curious what brought about the divorce talk in the first place. He seems to really love and be there for his kids, but given that Denise is the one that filed for divorce, maybe he did something we don't know about that would change my mind about that. What do you think?

     
  • At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:21:00 PM, Blogger katie said…

    All this celebrity wedding and divorce stuff is so crazy to hear about. I cant imagine being a star and having my life so publicized..i guess you have to accept the good, bad, and the ugly when you are in the spotlight. I still havent gotten over Jen and Brad and hate the fact that him and Angelina are together. I hope Jen finds someone that makes her happy and has beautiful kids. It was also a total shocker to me to hear about Kenny Chesney and Renee. I really thought they were cute together and thought that their hush hush destination wedding was so sweet and down to earth. I wish they would just work things out instead of taking the easy way out of it. Oh well, sometimes I feel like stars get married just because they are so lonely and need companionship in their busy lives. Personally I think most famous people are better off marrying normal people. That way one of them can make the money and the other doesnt have to work at all. Thanks for the update on the hollywood wedding scene...or disaster!

     
  • At Sunday, October 09, 2005 9:29:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Wow! Even for Hollywood those divorce numbers are shocking. I was watching a show the other day that was talking about one source says that Jessica and Nick are getting divorced and others say that they are not. They have pictures of both of them without rings on, which they apparently do when they are fighting. Honestly, if I were them I wouldn’t want the whole world to know when I was arguing. I really don’t know what to believe anymore, but I really don’t have high hopes for celebrities getting married nowadays. I know that it sounds very pessimistic, but with these numbers, there really isn’t any chance for anyone to stay married in Hollywood. My friends and I actually try and guess how long marriages will last when celebrities get married. What is this world coming to??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home